
2 Killed, 25 Injured in Russian Drone Attack on Ukraine
On Saturday, the city of Kharkiv in Ukraine was struck by a devastating Russian drone attack that left a trail of destruction and chaos in its wake. According to reports, at least two people were killed and 25 others, including five children, were injured in the attack that targeted a military hospital, shopping centre, residential blocks, and an office building.
The Ukrainian military has condemned the attack as a “vile and cynical crime” and labeled the strike on the military hospital as a deliberate and intentional act. The attack is the latest in a series of brutal assaults carried out by Russian forces against civilian targets in Ukraine.
According to eyewitness accounts, the attack began at around 10:30 am on Saturday morning when a swarm of drones descended upon the city, releasing their payloads and causing widespread destruction. The drones targeted several areas, including the military hospital, where patients and medical staff were caught off guard.
“I was in the hospital when the attack happened,” said one eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous. “I heard the drones overhead and then suddenly there was a loud explosion. I saw people running and screaming, and then the hospital was in chaos.”
The hospital was severely damaged in the attack, with reports indicating that several buildings were destroyed or severely damaged. Medical staff and patients were forced to evacuate the area, and many were left trapped under the rubble.
In addition to the military hospital, other areas of the city were also targeted, including a shopping centre, residential blocks, and an office building. The attack caused widespread damage and destruction, with many buildings left in ruins.
The attack on Saturday brought the total number of civilian casualties in Ukraine to over 10,000, according to the United Nations. The conflict between Ukraine and Russia has been ongoing since 2014, and has resulted in thousands of deaths and injuries.
The Ukrainian government has vowed to continue to defend its people against the Russian aggression, and has called on the international community to condemn the attack and support the Ukrainian people.
“This attack is a stark reminder of the brutal and senseless nature of the war waged by Russia against Ukraine,” said a spokesperson for the Ukrainian government. “We will continue to defend our people and our territory against these attacks, and we call on the international community to stand with us in condemning this vile and cynical crime.”
The Russian government has not commented on the attack, but has previously denied targeting civilian areas in Ukraine. However, several reports have emerged in recent months of Russian forces carrying out attacks against civilian targets, including schools, hospitals, and residential areas.
The attack on Saturday has sparked widespread outrage and condemnation from around the world, with many governments and international organizations calling for an immediate end to the conflict.
“This attack is a stark reminder of the devastating impact of war on civilians,” said a spokesperson for the United Nations. “We urge all parties to the conflict to prioritize the protection of civilians and to work towards a peaceful resolution to the conflict.”
As the situation in Ukraine continues to deteriorate, the international community remains committed to supporting the Ukrainian people and holding those responsible for the attacks accountable.
Source: